Saturday, May 2, 2009

Last signing in America for a while


As most of you know, my fourth book Blue Sock Death came out last week. (You can buy it right now on Amazon.) Yesterday, I did a reading at Leave-it-to-me Books on Flushing Ave. It was quite a good reading, actually, probably the best I've done in a long while. Except the bit where I must have got something caught in my throat and tried to hack it out between sentences like no one would notice. It sounded like someone trying to start their car when they'd got a rat stuck in their engine. Reh-eh-eh-eh-ooahck. Yeah, that's a turn on, isn't it? After a page of that, I decided to just ignore the phlegm in my throat and try and talk through it. This resulted in my voice slipping in and out of puberty like I was caught in some sort of time machine, fluxing and flowing between child and adult. Maybe my next book will be about time travel.

But other than that, I thought the reading went brilliantly.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Hi, Mr. Tomb. I’m sooo happy you have a blog now! Welcome to the new age. Teehee. Thx for signing my book yesterday. Remember, I’m the one who gave you the drawing of Angela Beam from the first book. I thought it was a great reading. Hope to see you back at LITM Books soon!!!

    --tomatoluvr08

    ReplyDelete