Monday, May 11, 2009

Refusal to Fail

I’m out on my own today. Well, I say my own. Lenore’s with me. I told Burbank to stay at the hotel so that Lenore and I can have some alone time. He was reasonable enough to allow it because he knows he’ll get to be the best man in our wedding. I told him if he’s good, which he will be, he can come to the signing tonight. This one will be bigger, guaranteed. Burbank found a listing in Time Out, which means people will actually know about the event. I think that was the problem last time—lack of press. There will be no more failures on this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Dear Burbank,

    You may be interested to know that the art of the book signing is a floundering campaign. However, even if only one person shows up, a little press is better than no press. Think of all the recognition I get from these events beyond just the attendees: press releases, magazines articles, postings on store websites, featured by staff picks, front of store displays, and all the extra copies of signed books that the store gets to sell at a later date. Don’t get too worked up about it.

    I’m not even going to argue about this fictitious wedding you’ve conjured up. It’s exhausting.

    --Milo

    ReplyDelete