Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Last Night in London

When we got back, I went to the hotel bar. Burbank didn’t want to go, so he went along to bed, or so I thought. When I got back to my room an hour later, I found that he somehow had gotten in and was hiding in the cloak closet. He jumped out at me as I walked in, and I nearly died of fright. I went all white and went “Wahh!” I thought for a moment it was Jack the Ripper. I was probably a little bit drunk, which helped an already well-crafted prank along. Burbank told me that he noticed he can feel his expression change underneath his skin but he has to exaggerate it to let other people see his emotion. Since I had such a stupid look on my face when he jumped out at me, he said I must have felt pretty darn stupid. I think there’s some logic in there somewhere. Then I kicked him out and went to sleep. I get cranky when I’m drunk.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Dear Burbank,

    I had a glass of red wine to help me sleep. I wasn't drunk. It's grown men jumping out of my closet at me that makes me cranky. Do you get the child discount when you go to the movies? Don't get me wrong: It's fine to have an inner child, but sometimes it's also useful to have an outer adult.

    --Milo

    ReplyDelete