Monday, May 11, 2009

Underground

I was supposed to meet Lenore at Covent Garden, but I got lost on the Tube. I spent nearly an hour wandering the multiple platforms of the Northern Line because I couldn’t get it through my little head about how there can be more than one branch of the same line. Doesn’t help that the Northern Line doesn’t run properly most of the time anyway.

When I finally came up for air, I saw that I had a message from Burbank on my mobile, which doesn’t get a signal underground. Being the concerned friend that I am, I worried something horrific might have happened like the hotel had burnt down or somesuch. But no, he was calling to see what I was doing so that he could write my blog. I told him about getting lost and had him explain to me how I could walk to Covent Garden via MapQuest.

No comments:

Post a Comment