Monday, May 11, 2009

Lunch at the Cafe

The next time Burbank called, I was having lunch with Lenore in a cafe in Covent Garden. I was wearing a blue shirt with the name of my favorite band on it, and blue jeans, which they tell Americans never to wear. And my silly red scarf, of course. The air was too warm for a scarf, but I thought it made me look hip or something. I was dining on a pesto pasta salad with a tall glass of ice tea. I was a little annoyed there was no lemon slice on the glass. Lenore ate some kind of chicken dish, I guess. It was a nice lunch, but I always get anxious a few hours before my signings.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:52 PM

    Dear Burbank,

    I don’t think you realize how weird it is asking someone you’re not romantically interested in what they’re wearing. What’s more, you don’t realize how awkward it is for me to answer that question on my cell phone in public. I understand you’re trying to create a vivid image of my day without actually being there, but Lenore’s beginning to think you’re a nut. I have to take her side on this one.

    --Milo

    ReplyDelete